How can a fast-growing company cultivate a spirit that allows cross-collaboration, where people are aware of what those in other teams are doing?
As in any good startup, we believe it’s better to fail than to freeze.
So, last May, we launched the “Live my Life” initiative.
The pitch is simple: unlikely pairs spend a day together, one discovering the other’s job.
Frederic, an Operations Engineer, was welcomed in Paris by Emma, Director of International Business Development.
In Toulouse, Sarah, the Supplier Accountant, got to pair with Cyrille, the France Network Deployment Manager, and she realized that he was using Excel too! (What are the odds?)
Then they had an extra challenge: each pair had to complete a series of missions.
* Decide on a name for your team, then use it as a hashtag for every post #nameofteam
* Post a selfie of your team
* Post short videos of highlights from your mission
* Give your partner 30 sec. to explain why he/she loves his/her job. Film it.
* At the debriefing, share your experience of the day, using your partner’s language habits
* 140-character message on how LiveMyLife went for you
The team who’d been the most active in these missions won a bottle of fine champagne.
Sylvie, Senior Business Executive, and Christophe, Systems Engineer, got really serious about the game, and created their (very) personal team brand.
Everyone did their best, but, ultimately, Accounting won (don’t they always?).
So, to sum up: everyone got a bit of work, a bit of fun, and a lot of surprises, but, in the end, Accounting won.